Which State Will Be First?
“In America, consistent environmental protection can only come from government intervention and new laws.”
Henry W. Clearsky
Note: Communicating this information as news to others is free of charge. 5
The Areas Needing Improved Environmental Laws
- Preserving the Environment has many facets.
- The three most important areas of Sustainability are:
- Reducing Carbon Pollution to the Atmosphere and stopping Climate Change
- Massively Reducing America’s use of Plastic
- Changing the American Economy to “Zero Waste to Landfill”.
- Many other documents on this website describe how pollution can be reduced, and cost can be reduced in the medium to long-term.
- Education and knowledge should come before casting a ballot. Please consider these new ideas.
The Justification for New Sustainability Laws
Current City and County Laws for Environmental Protection
Current State Laws for Sustainability
State Laws are the Key
Recommended New State Laws to Reduce Carbon Emissions
Recommended New State Laws to Reduce Carbon Emissions, continued
Examples of Laws to Reduce Plastic Pollution and Solid Waste
- New York Times, 2003, What Every Person Should Know About War
- Institute for Local Government, 2020, Town of Atherton Climate Action Plan
- Citizens Climate Lobby, July 9, 2020, Austin, Texas, Puts a Price on Carbon
- City of Portland, Oregon, 2020, Plastic Bag Ban and Paper Bag fee
- Teton Valley, Idaho Community Recycling, 2020, Our Vision
- Department of Ecology, State of Washington, Reducing Greenhouse Gases
- Office of the Governor, September, 2020, Governor Newsom Announces California Will Phase Out Gasoline-Powered Cars & Drastically Reduce Demand for Fossil Fuel in California’s Fight Against Climate Change
- Wastedive, 2019, Oregon governor signs laws banning plastic bags, straws
- Fox 13, Salt Lake City, 2019, The ‘plastic bag ban ban’ bill has died in the Utah State Legislature
Henry W. Clearsky, born in America, resides in Texas